NetEnt respects the privacy of everyone who uses our website netent.com including subpages (“Website”) and/or plays our casino games (“Games”) which are made available to players through various customers of ours (“Operators”).
In this document we refer to the NetEnt group of companies as “NetEnt Group”, each relevant NetEnt legal entity as “NetEnt” or “us”/“we” and we refer to you as “you”.
By accessing and/or using our Website and by playing our Games you consent to us collecting, processing, storing and sharing your Personal Information as we describe in this Policy.
If you don’t want to provide Personal Information to us or if you don’t want us to use it as we explain in this Policy, you should not access our Website or play our Games.
About NetEnt Group
We are a group of companies working with digital entertainment, providing gaming solutions to online casino operators.
The parent company in our group is NetEnt AB (publ), a Swedish company with organisation number 556532-6443 and registered address Luntmakargatan 18, 111 37 Stockholm, Sweden. From January 2017, the registered address will change to Vasagatan 16, 111 20 Stockholm, Sweden.
NetEnt Product Services Ltd is incorporated in Malta with organisation number C 38803 and registered address at The Marina Business Centre, Abate Rigord Street, Ta`Xbiex XBX 1120, Malta.
NetEnt Malta Limited is incorporated in Malta with organisation number C 34838 and registered address at The Marina Business Centre, Abate Rigord Street, Ta`Xbiex XBX 1120, Malta.
NetEnt (Gibraltar) Limited is incorporated in Gibraltar with organisation number 97195 and registered address at 9 A Cooperage Lane, Gibraltar.
NetEnt International Limited is incorporated in Malta with organisation number C47279and registered address at The Marina Business Centre, Abate Rigord Street, Ta`Xbiex XBX 1120, Malta
NetEnt Alderney Limited is incorporated in Alderney with organisation number 1790 and registered address at Inchalla, Alderney, GY9 3UL, Alderney.
The different roles in data collection and processing
A “Data Controller” means a company that decides why and how Personal Information is processed. The Data Controller can ask another company to process the Personal Information on its behalf and as instructed by the Data Controller. That company then becomes the “Data Processor”.
This Policy only applies where a company in the NetEnt Group is Data Controller.
For the information collected though the Website, NetEnt AB (publ) is the Data Controller.
For the information collected through the Games and their connected platform, NetEnt Product Services Ltd is the Data Controller.
The information we collect and how do we collect it
We may collect and process the following Data about you:
In relation to our Website:
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms when using our Website (example: job application forms);
- details of your use of our Website and the items that you access (example: information about how and when you visit, what sections you click on and what device you use); and
- information we collect via cookies (see more information below).
In relation to our Games:
- Information about the IP address you use to access the Games and your location; and
- details of your use of the Games (by way of example information about how and when you start a Game, your playing patterns and what device you use to access the Games)
- we may keep records of correspondence we have with you if you contact us or respond to messages we send to you.
Cookies are small files which store some information on your computer or mobile device.
- to allow us to recognise you and your device, for example by identifying your IP address;
- to provide you with a more customized experience of our Website;
- to obtain data which will allow us to understand how people are using our Website so that we can improve it.
You can always disable cookies through your web or phone browser settings but you may find you are not able to enjoy all the features of our Website and Games if you do so.
How we will use your Personal Information
You agree that we may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- contacting you (example: to respond to a question from you);
- managing your relationship with us and improving your experience when you use our Website and play the Games;
- to create reports, analysis or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends with our Website and Games;
- preventing and investigating crime or fraud (for which we may also need to share your information with crime and fraud prevention organisations);
- as otherwise expressly set out in this Policy; and
- as required by law and regulation (example: to maintain and protect the gaming licenses of the NetEnt Group).
Your consent also covers use by a supplier or another NetEnt Group company than the Data Controller, acting on NetEnt’s behalf and only in accordance with our instructions.
How we may share the Personal Information with third parties
You agree that we may share your Data with third parties (for example, NetEnt Group companies or third party suppliers) as follows:
- with your consent as set out in this Policy;
- as necessary in order to provide the Website and Games (this may include sharing the Data with the Operators);
- as necessary in order to communicate with you;
- in order to improve the quality of the Games;
- to carry out your instructions;
- in the circumstances where your data is on an anonymous and aggregated basis, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
- as permitted by law or regulation;
- in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of NetEnt or the Operators; and
- in the event that there is a sale of the assets of NetEnt or corporate restructuring, or as a result of a change of control of NetEnt or one of its group companies, or in preparation of any of these events. Any third party to which NetEnt’s assets are transferred will have the right to continue to use the Personal Information as set out in this Policy.
Except for these circumstances, we will not sell or share your information to any third party.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your Personal Information as long as we need to provide our Website and Games or as long as is otherwise necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected the information for.
We may keep your Personal Information after we have stopped providing services to you if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes and/or prevent fraud or abuse.
Will we transfer your Personal Information overseas?
Since the NetEnt Group is multinational, your Personal Information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The Data may be hosted on servers outside EEA.
Your Personal Information may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who works for us, or for another company within the NetEnt Group, or for one of our suppliers.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy when transferring the Data.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We have appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, modifications, unauthorised use, disclosure or access, and all other unlawful forms of processing.
Since the internet is not a completely secure environment we can’t however guarantee that information you transmit via our Website or Games will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards or otherwise.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Information
You have the right to once per year without charge request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to modify, correct or remove information by contacting us at the email address above.
You also have the right to ask us not to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We don’t generally use your information for marketing purposes.
How to contact us
To find out more about how your Personal Information will be used please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We hope that you won’t have any complaints about us or our Website and Games and that you understand the justified needs to collect certain information about you.
If you are unhappy with our use of your Personal Information, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can of course also complain to your local data protection authority.
If any court or other competent authority finds any of the terms of this Policy to be invalid or unenforceable, the other terms of this Policy will not be affected.
This Policy is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the relevant Data Processor (Sweden, Malta, Gibraltar or Alderney, as applicable). Any dispute arising in connection with this Policy will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the applicable court, unless you choose the courts of your home country.
We may change this Policy from time to time to reflect improvements or any other changes to our business. If you object to any of the changes you should immediately stop using our Website and Games.
This Policy was last updated on 19 February 2016.
© 2016 NetEnt Group
The name NetEnt, the NetEnt logo as well as the design and other intellectual property in the Games are the sole intellectual property of NetEnt Malta Limited or related entities.